Friday, August 13, 2004

Lies and more lies

What supposed to be a 30€ an hour interpretation job at Barcelona court turned out to be a 0€ all-day-charade-lie game for me.

I was summoned to appear at the court today (with only 30 minutes notice) to interpret on behalf of a Filipino accused of a crime. So excited to go there, I forgot that I had to do another important thing - collect the payment from a flatmate. I missed the train and metro. I wouldn't arrive on time... Worried about the bad omen this day offers, Friday the 13th, my instinct told me to go after her and abandon the idea to go do the interpretation job. She was in the bank taking out money when I called her. Then, after an hour of waiting she still hadn't showed up. There was no money after all. The check she issued bounced last week. Obviously, there was no funds in her account. Spain, Spanish bureaucracy, Spanish siesta, Spanish mañana habit... Grrr!

All morning we were arguing, going back and forth to the bank with no success and eventually I lost the assignment at the court. "Killed" 2 jobs in one day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ederic said...

tsk tsk tsk. too bad. bawi ka na lang next time. ako naman, masuwerte pag friday the 13th. :)

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home